Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Full Moon Under Jupiter…..?




Truthfully, I can’t think straight right now. For the past five long days I have been, under no fault of my own, been chained to the misery that we all lovingly refer to as “acute viral nasopharyingtis”.
There is a cocktail of man-made miracles burning through my system:
Sore Throat: Acetaminophen (Check)

Coughing: Dextromethorphan HBR (Check) I love this one…..Dextro-Meth-Orphan. It sounds like a good name for a death metal pop band.

Nasal Congestion: Phenylephrine HCI (Check)

Sneezing, Runny Nose: Doxylamine Succinate (Check)

Mucus: Guaifenesin (Check)


At least there isn’t a waterfall ragging out of my ass anymore. The point of all this really is to simply explain why I’m just staring blankly at this stack of comics on the coffee table. I had a couple of cool new books that I wanted to write about too. And now there is a raping granny on America’s Got Talent. This is hopeless. I surrender.
Okay jerks you want to hear some reviews, here you go:

Frankenstein Alive, Alive! Written by Steve Niles and Illustrated by Bernie Wrightson (good ole’ Bernie) was a solid book.

The new Ennis book Fury was really good. Garth and Goran Parlov worked on the Punisher Max book and look how that turned out.

Night of 1,000 Wolves. Written by Bobby Curnow and arted by Dave Wachter. The story is about exactly what they advertise. The artwork is off the hook. Best book of the week.

Now leave me alone (until I feel better at least).


Madman

No comments:

Post a Comment