Saturday, January 7, 2012

Devil's Threesome with Cable and a Witchdoctor

Avengers Xsanction 1-2
Writer:Jeph Loeb
Penciler: Ed McGuinness
Inker: Dextor Vines
Colorist: Morry Hollowell


Buy it. Read it. Kiss it, love it and call it your own. If you have missed part 1 and 2 of this four part series, don’t panic; there is still time to catch up before issue three. Act now or forever carry the ugly shame monster for the rest of eternity, or until 12/12.

The art is sublime and the writing is grand. My only fault is that I hate Red Hulks facial expressions in issue 2. Seriously, you could build a small settlement on his protruding forehead. It’s like there’s a duck coming beak first out of the poor bastards’ forehead.

So Cable is back from the dead/future. It seems Cable has only 24 hours to live before the techno-organic virus totally consumes him. He comes back and goes to war with the Avengers in hopes that it will save his daughter, Hope. Cable takes out Falcon first and in short order. My favorite part of the first issue was seeing Cable beat Captain America’s ass. I love it. I have never really liked Captain America much. I am not sure why, but he just comes off as a douche bag. I also enjoy when Cable uses weapons from the future that Tony Stark hasn’t invented yet against him. I have never been a huge Iron Man fan either. So I was glad to see him blasted into submission. Truly all good things must come to an end. Just when things were getting good the Red Hulk shows up and drops the hammer on Cable. Fade to black. It seriously draws you in no doubt about it. I am not liking the fact that I have to wait until February to see what happens next. Hey Marvel great idea bringing Cable back in such a fashion, but I am warning you, Jeph Loeb…..respect the spider. As the Red Brow so beautifully said, “I gotta admire a man with a really big gun collection.”

Witch Doctor: The Resuscitation
Writer: Brandon Seifert
Artist: Kukas Ketner
Special medical consulting: Karen Anderson


I totally picked this one up because of the cover art. Frame worthy. I am not going to tell you anything else about it except it’s grand. I guess the art from the innards is good too, but the cover……mind numbing eye candy.

The story is a little crazy, but hey what’s wrong with that? I got this steam punk/fight club kind of feel about it. For a one and done it was worth the $2.99, but will I be back for the series? Know do I not young Skywalker, but if the covers stay this cool I will get a full body tattoo of every single one. See who’s laughing then. Any comic book with a special medical consultant is okay by me.

p.s. Avengers vs. X-men and Scarlet Spider will be here soon and that makes me happy. Read Hawken. That is all.

By: Cody Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment