Friday, December 5, 2014

Interview with Ryan Browne 2014

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, mollusks and Protozoa, if you're unfamiliar with the work of Ryan Browne you're doing yourself and the world of comics a disservice. Browne has worked on Bedlam, The Manhattan Projects, Smoke & Mirrors and various other sundry books. His penultimate funnybook is God Hates Astronauts. From its humble beginnings as a DIY indie book, GHA has steamrolled it's way to Image Comics and is now on Volume 2.
I hear it outsells The Walking Dead.
That's a complete lie. I've never heard that.

In the past, the Hammond Comics Blog has wrangled Ryan Browne and squeezed an interview or two out of him (found in our interview archive), and we figured it was about time for another 7 Questions with Ryan Browne.
So without much further ado about nothing:

Hammond Comics Blog Question #1: If God Hates Astronauts was ice cream, what flavor would it be?

Ryan Browne: Uh, seriously? Well clearly it would be Neapolitan Astronaut Ice Cream! NEXT QUESTION!

HCB Question #2: Do you prefer to comic book sober or buzzed on adult beverages?

RB: Stone cold sober! I save my drinkin' for answering interview questions.

HCB Question #2.5: Which one of your characters would you most like to be stranded on a deserted island with?

RB: The Impossible, of course! She could get me the hell out of there! MORE QUESTIONS, PLEASE.

HCB Question #3: What’s your favorite flavor of Snopple?

RB: Cran-Rasapple Pina-Coloda.

HCB Question #4: Have you ever driven a forklift?

RB: Funny you should ask that. I am currently driving one to Montana! I should really pay attention to the road instead of answer these-- OH $#!+!!!

HCB Question #5: Who is your favorite bearded man and why?

RB: I don't know who is, but I will tell you which bearded man isn't. This cop that is currently arresting me for vehicular homicide with a forklift has a big beard and I hate him.

HCB Question #6: In the event of a zombie apocalypse what would be your weapon of choice ?

RB: Well since I will be in jail for the rest of my life, I think I'll just sleep through the apocalypse in a comfy cell.

HCB Question #7: As a comic book writer do you consider having one or more extra nipples a super power?

RB: How can you ask me questions like this when I am facing a life sentence because of your stupid interview! I killed a man with a forklift and it is all your fault! CURSE YOU HAMMOCK COLON BLORG!!!

We at the Hammock Colon Blorg would like to thank Ryan Browne for his participation and continued support. I encourage all of you to buy his books, multiple copies even, as Mr. Browne is facing hefty legal fees in light of his recent forklift mishap.
With good behavior he should be eligible for parole in time for Hulk Hogans 90th birthday party.

Interview by: Cody "Madman" Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment